365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tired






The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner / Ben Folds Five











One of my favorite things is our wall of fish. I know this sounds strange, but that is what it is – a wall of wish. It started with one fish. It’s kind of mailbox shaped, wood had a purple face and it’s body is splotches of color. It came from Helsinki. No really, it did.



After this first fish we found a second, an angel fish looking type but metal with red and grey stripes. Two fish then glad to three and four and then one day, these few fish became 16 fish, a glow in the dark starfish, two pictures (one of a blue crab and one of a fish fantasy), a crab, a seahorse, a frog and a cooper lobster structure.


Now, all of these items along with a small boat are hung on an approximate six foot square space of white wall. The fish all share two qualities: they must be interesting to look at and we both must like it.


My favorites remain the same though. The first, Helsinki fish remains my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter