365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Sunday, October 24, 2010

For the Byrds







The Essential Byrds










About a hundred birds descended our backyard this afternoon. They were all tweeting or I’d have suspected a Hitchcock remake. It was still a little a creepy.



However, they were very pretty. Black birds with purple – blue incandescent colors. I’ve been informed they were Grackles. An ugly name for such a pretty bird. I’ve seen flocks like this before of course, but not in my back yard, so close to humans.


They left as suddenly as they came. All of them taking flight in sequence like they were doing the wave. I can’t help but wonder, where are they going? Why did they land here to begin with? At least for the fifteen minutes or so that they were around, the cats and I were truly intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter