365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Sunday, October 17, 2010

Join the parade / Bella 9








Join the Parade / Marc Cohn








They had agreed that the next step was to meet with Jake and make him talk. How that could be done, neither woman had any idea. Resigned, Kate declined the offer for company for dinner and headed back to her hotel room.



Now there, she had regretted the decision. At least company would have prevented her from thinking. Alone, she had little distraction, the tv being too easy to ignore. She’d even ordered room service, not that she had an appetite. The food remained untouched


When the phone rang, she jumped and stared at it as if it were some odd foreign alien that had just landed. It rang several times before she broke her stare and picked up the receiver with a tentative, ‘Yes?’


“Kate? We need to talk.”


She recognized Denton Sutton’s voice immediately and frowned. She considered hanging up on him, but that would be rude.


“No. We don’t.”


“Yes. We do. Can I come up?”


“How did you find me?”


“There are only so many hotels in town.” Kate frowned. “Please we need to talk.”


“No. I’ll come down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter