365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Monday, October 18, 2010

Every day things are going faster








The Buddy Holly Collection









The world is busy.  I'm busy.  Your busy.  We all know, everyone is busy.  So why do some people presume that their business is more important than others?

To make a long story short, I happened to have a fire proof file cabinet.  For those unfamiliar with this item - they are typically lined with concrete.  Yes, heavy does not begin to describe it.  They are also expensive.  Very heavy and very expensive.

So, a while ago, I decided this was an item that should be sold.  I did what most people do, I put it up on Craig's list.  And a nice lady and at nice organization came to investigate and ultimately purchased it.  However, they were building a new building and couldn't take delivery.

We waited.  And waited.  And waited.

Finally they were ready.  They had a person who was to come pick it up.  A date was made.  But no, the man who was supposed to come, couldn't actually come on that date, and wanted to make an appointment to see it. 

It's a file cabinet.  A heavy file cabinet. 

But okay, several e-mail later, we have date.  It's a week away.  I go. I wait. I wait.  I wait.  Thirty minutes pass and I call.

Getting the man on the phone I ask, "Where are you?"

"Huh?" He answers, confused.

"You're not here.  You were supposed to be here a half hour ago. Where are you?"

"Oh.  I forgot..."  Then after stammering and stuttering and making excuses and telling me he has has no excuse, we agree on another date.

At this juncture, he says to me, "Can you call me that day and remind me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter