365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Thursday, July 8, 2010

We Got The Beat






Romy and Michele's High School Reuion












The music was loud now, not wafting out to the front of the house, but pushing forth like a tidal wave. The base was making the steps of the porch pulse, literally.



“You want to dance?” G. asked, with a glance over his shoulder and half smile.


“No.” Sam’s response was quick and definitive.


“Aw c’mon. It’s easy. I can teach you.”


She chuckled. Yeah, if he only knew.


“No, thanks, “


“No, I’m serious. I can teach you, real dancing. Not that stand and hug stuff.” G. grinned, stood and held out his hand for her.


She looked up at him, her head cocked. Sam studied him for a second with a smirk, making no attempt at reaching for his hand.


“I’ve been competing in Ballroom since I was ten.” She snorted with all the attitude of a pro dancer.


“Really?” The hand was withdrawn and G. grinned. Sam nodded.










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter