365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Sunday, July 4, 2010

endless summer







Endless Summer / The Beach Boys













Although I was born a Pisces in the sunny state of California, I can barely swim and I’ve never managed to get a deep dark, savage tan. I’ve wondered over the years then, do I still count as a California Girl?


Probably not, I wasn’t there for very long. They moved out in  January, I was born in March and we were all back East by May. There are lots of stories of this trip. Most of them bad, and I remember nothing. This is a shame really, as I remember being in my crib and I must be less than a year - but I don’t remember the trip.


California remains elusive. For years I’ve said some summer I wanted to drive across country, but it never happens. There really were an endless summer, this would be the first thing I did.


Today, I’m not driving across country but back from almost the Canadian border. It’s about six hours. We’ve gone upstate for a 50th anniversary This was summery, taking place on Lake Champlain, and feeling endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter