365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rock and Roll Dreams Come True







Bat out of Hell / Meat Loaf










You have to admire a man who at age 62, will rock for two hours, almost non-stop and do half of it in a hot pink jacket! The inflatables (a Meat Loaf concert trademark, if you didn’t know) were great. Not a giant Teddy Bear, as I predicted – the new one was … unique. I love Meat Loaf.



The concert was amazing. His best ever. We had a wonderful time and today, I feel 62. My throat is sore. My ears are still ringing. (Earplugs? I don’t need no stinkin’ ear plugs!) I generally feel like I got run over … after standing for eight hours in heels. I’m sure I’ll feel worse after I get to work. And yet, I’d do it all again in a heart beat.


I worry about Meat though. Not that I think 62 is really THAT old, but how long do you go out on the road? How many nights can you belt out songs for 2 hours and scream at a crowd? If I, as a spectator am this beat, what must it be like for a performer?


I also love the crowd at Meat Loaf concerts. The age range is incredible. Grandmother, mother and daughter in matching concert shirts. Then there are always the standard cast of characters: the drunken fifty or so lady that’s flaying and her uptight husband. The uptight ageless woman, who knows all the words. The couple who probably don’t care about the music, but are hanging all over each other by the end of the night (she must be wearing sequins or mesh and pencil stilettos with ratty jeans.)  And now old couples. Really old ladies.


It’s been a long way since that early SNL performance, Paradise has really become a Parody. But it just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter