365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Not Wonder Woman








Sky High / soundtrack










And here is another script I wish I wrote. Okay, it is a campy, teen movie, but… how can you not like it? A hamster helps save the day. It made side kicks cool. It has romance, teen angst, action, a great bad guy er girl, a wonderful premise, and aside from all the superhero stuff, it is completely believable.



It is a movie that had made me spend a fair amount of driving time wondering, what would be my super power of choice? Having considered this, I consistently come up with the same choice: I’d like rock to be able to communicate with me. Or maybe sand. I know this is a little unusual. But imagine if a statue could talk. Or if you could set your hand on the sidewalk and have it tell you directions or if some one is coming or had been there recently. Plus, I think this is a reasonable superpower as it allows for greatness but also confusion, complication and complexity.


Yes, I know I have some strange tendencies. Your point?


By extension, I wonder: Is it better to be a super hero of villain? And perhaps this is one of those questions that is telling. Like Superman or Bat man? There are clearly personality types that pick one over the other. I’m sure there is some internet quiz that highlights this. (I have not looked.)


This album also has a version of one my all time favorite songs: “I’ll Stop the World And Melt With You.” One of the best songs ever. If I were stuck on an island with limited MP3s this song would be one I’d choose. I’ve yet to hear a bad version of it. (If you don’t know, it’s now been co-opted by a chocolate ad, and I’m still okay with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter