365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Saturday, December 11, 2010

To you and all your family, your neigbhors and your friends...






A Partridge AFamily Christmas Card







It tis the season to be jolly… I hate this season. Always have. I hate the cold. I hate worrying about the weather. I hate shopping and I don’t much like giving or receiving gifts during this time period either. So, I am aware that the whole situation puts me into, shall we say, an irritable mood.



But there are other things about this season. I know most people say they like it, but I find it brings out the very worst in people. The season of giving? I find people get selfish. The bullies become more bullier, the self righteous more vocal, the demanding, well, more demanding. Worse, every expects every one else to be gracious and smiling, happy and accommodating. I hate it.


One of the worst parts of this season when you hate it, is that it becomes almost taboo to express this sentiment.


“Oh, no you don’t.” Some people say with a little push. Yes. Yes I do.


“But it’s so pretty…” No. It isn’t. Quiet neighborhoods become landing strips. Houses were not meant to have snow men projected on their sides. Snow men should be made out of snow on the lawn. And just how much money is spent on all this? The purchase of these supplies? Never mind the electricity. I hate it.


The noise is every where. Bells. Bells. Bells. Whining children. The continual questions this time of year to…”Do you want to contribute…” “Do you want to ad a dollar to…” As if people are only in need in this one month.


Media also goes to dogs. Popular music stops, replaced by Christmas music. Regularly scheduled programs are abandoned for Christmas Specials. And have you paid attention to these things? Rudolph is not a nice story. In fact, most of them are not nice stories.


And yet we are all supposed to go have parties, wish each other the best and pretend everything is dandy. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter