365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Sunday, December 19, 2010

No good witch







Parachute / Guster











Okay, I know – I missed yesterday. For a change it was not because I forgot. It was because I truly had nothing to say. I don’t have anything to say today either, but I feel guilty skipping two days in a row. Which I suppose is a good thing. This guilt.



Last night I fell asleep to the Wizard of Oz. I’m not a big fan of this movie. I really think that Glinda the “good” witch is nasty. She knew from the start that the wizard wasn’t going to help and that Dorothy could go home, but she said nothing. Worse, she wasn’t neutral in this process. It wasn’t like she said, hmmm, well, maybe you need to think about this. She was quite definitive. AND she instigated.


I hadn’t realized the extent that she instigated until listening to the script in my half asleep state last night. The wicked witch might not have remembered the shoes, but it was Glinda that reminded her in a most passive aggressive way. It was almost as if Glinda threw Dorothy under the bus, then taunted the wicked witch. She hinted to Dorothy “Oh those shoes must be very powerful if she wants them…” Well, duh. Why not tell Dorothy then? I really, really dislike her.


In fact, coming up with characters I do like is not easy. My employer is tentatively planning a fund raising event in the spring. The only thing constant about this event is that it will be a masquerade ball. I like this idea. The theme has become ‘come as your favorite character.” I will, I’m sure, be obligated to attend. So I’ve been trying to think – what is my favorite character… I have none.


How can this be? I’ve asked myself and asked myself. Maybe it’s just my current mood? I’m hoping. Because I am truly at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter