365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow day









The Glory of Gershwin








We did have a snow day.  And it was blizzard like.  Sadly it meant four full days in a row off - and what do I have to show for it?  Nothing.

No, really - nothing.  The house was not cleaned.  Projects not done.  Writing?  Well, you're reading it - you know how much that progressed.  Nothing.  The list of things I was going to do - was long, but none of it got done.

What did I do?  I sneezed a lot.  I moaned and complained that I didn't feel good.  I slept a fair amount.  I played Bubblez on the computer....

I did cook a couple of meals - hardly worth mentioning and pointless, as being sick, our stomachs were not really up for them.  I sewed some, the quilt project that has been going on for years. And that about covers it.

Oh, I did bring the car in to the shop and go pick it up.  This was a good thing to have out of the way.  And I have spent some time thinking.  Thinking about writing.  Why do I do this?  Does it matter what I write?  Do I care who or if someone reads it?  If it's published?  How it's published? 

I've thought about all these questions.... and do I have any answers?  Right, you got it.

So... I've gotten nothing done.  I've got no answers.  And i still have no clue about something to write about...

Maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter