365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Friday, August 13, 2010

The radio can say whatever it wants







Beethoven's Sonatas








Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata is peaceful. The same three notes repeat, then another is added, then another, then there is the steady repeat, it’s like waves, lulling against the shore. I am not at peace. But I am trying.



I used to have a bathroom. It was mostly white. Yes, it had some issues… there was a very ugly light switch plate. The mirror and light fixtures left something to be desired, but it had porcelain. It had cold AND hot running water. We now have a gutted room.


There are four people who are the front line at work. Three of them leave at the end of next week. We have hired people, but they will all need training. Our cleaning person will stop next Monday. Our vacuum cleaner died yesterday. A new cleaning company will not start until the end of next week, I faxed the contract today.


One of our most frequent volunteers and visitors at work just announced she has shingles. I feel for her. I know it’s horrible… but I’ve never had chicken pox. Thus, I am the only one at work who could catch this.


Next week three out of the five nights, I have meetings. The week after, four out of five nights, I have meetings….


The radio may have told me to just relax, but it’s not working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter