365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's a sad world after all






Ash Wednesday / Elvis Perkins











I am musing about change today. I’ve had a lot of change in my life. Many jobs, different careers, different living quarters… it has caused more than one person to comment to me that I must either like change or at least deal with it well.



I hate change. I despise change. I like things consistent, constant and even.


However, I do suppose one gets used to things. I do have an urge to repaint and rearrange the furniture every few years. My hair has gone from waist length to crew cut more than once. So, does this mean one gets used to change?


And then there is the question if is dealing with it well the same as being used to it? And surely one can be acclimated to something and still not like it.


All of this has come about today as three out of four of my part time help at work will be leaving at the end of the month. I happy to say this mass exodus is purely circumstantial. One is returning to college four states away. One has been offered a full time job and the third’s husband is out of work and they are moving so that he can return to school.


Still it leaves us with three new people. Three people to hire, train and get used to. I hate that. I knew this might be coming, so it’s not like it was a great surprise. But it’s still change. I hate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter