365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oompa Loompa








Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory /orginal Soundtrack








There is something about Willy Wonka that always attracts. I don’t like chocolate. I don’t particularly like candy, but the imagination of Wonka and his factory is irresistible. I thought this was a good choice for today…. In part because for some reason I don’t understand, the Oompa Loompa song is stuck in my head. This has not be pretty.



I have spent the day reformatting a drive and installing windows. For those of you who are not familiar with this process, I can tell you that those tasks are not where the problem actually is. Those tasks are relatively simple. The problem comes in that once windows is installed there is set up. In my case to the network. Setting up a network never runs smooth. Today was no exception. But that is not the worst of it.


The worst of it is… well… you know how over the past…oh four years, every now and then when you go to shut down your computer it says something like “Installing updates – do not shut down….” Yeah. Well, imagine installing ALL of them in one sitting.


Not a pretty thought is it? So off I go… hi ho, hi ho…to install more update oh.





Oompa Loompa doompadee doo


I've got another puzzle for you


Oompa Loompa doompadah dee


If you are wise you'll listen to me






What do you get when your ‘puter does crash


A pain in the neck and a backache to match.


Why don’t you try simply hitting delete?


Then your hard drive might have stayed complete.






You’d have no


You’d have no


You’d have no


Updates










Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah


If you're not greedy you will go far


You will live in happiness too


Like the Oompa


Oompa Loompa doompadee do

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter