365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The monkey on your back is the latest trend











Juno / Soundtrack











The party was in full swing now. Loud and irritating. It wasn’t that Sam didn’t like parties, in fact quite the contrary. It was she didn’t like Frat parties, and she really didn’t like parties that were contrived to make you have fun and manipulate you, which was exactly what she thought was happening.


She supposed it worked. She had little doubt most of those tipsy in side from the illegal jello shots that would later be denied would think they had a wonderful time. They would arrive home Sunday evening to tell parents and friends was a great place U.U. was and they were ready to sign. For a second she wondered why the military didn’t use this tactic too. It might make selective service much easier.

“So… you don’t like music or parties?” Scobby’s hobbit friend,G. asked, bringing her back to present.

“I don’t like sales.”

“So, you’re not going to be a marketing major.”

“Pre-law.” Sam answered. He nodded.

“I didn’t think U.U. had a strong pre-law program.”

“It doesn’t and that’s what I’m going to say, right after I tell the ‘rents that I had a wonderful weekend, but am not choosing to come here.” Sam smiled and shifted slightly on the step, a non verbal offer that he could sit with her. He accepted.

“I see… You want to help me with my reason, now?” He asked with a side long glance.

“Not pre-law I take it.”

“Undecided… about some things.”

“You don’t like parties?”

“I don’t like frat houses. They perpetuate the ruling elites worst social networking discrimination and capitalistic tendencies.” G. respond, then added after a pause. “Sorry. I mean…”

“I can read. It’s okay.” She interrupted with a grin. Sam’s opinion of the boy rising significantly.

“So why ARE you here?”

“Here at a frat party or here at U.U.’s weekend fun fest?” He asked dryly.

“Ah, yeah.”

“I’m at the Frat party because Ms. Mauve Team Leader super girl’s super power was finding me hidden in the closet. I’m here this weekend for the same reason you are. I just don’t have my reason yet.”

“You were hiding in the closet?”

“I thought I could get away with it.” He shrugged with a scowl as Sam laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter