365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Sunday, June 13, 2010

If You are Confused, Check with the Sun







Green / R.E.M.






There are movies I wish I wrote.  Musical artists whose work just makes me think wow, makes me want to write, makes me wish I could be half that good.  Micheal Stipe, and R.E.M. fall into that category for me.

Sometimes in this mode, I actually write poetry.  Ironic, since I don't read poetry, hell, I don't like poetry, but some times I write it.  Go figure?


                                                         Inside Out

                                                                       Gargirls
                                                                       dressed in black
                                                                       walk the mall
                                                                       with hair
                                                                       the color of
                                                                       roosters,
                                                                       accessorized
                                                                       with studded collars and
                                                                       hoops in their eyebrows.
                                                                       Cloaked with
                                                                       apathy,
                                                                       service is swift.
                                                                       Protected by
                                                                       an exoskeleton
                                                                       of indifference
                                                                       shielded
                                                                       from the weather
                                                                       of age
                                                                       They have seen
                                                                       the past and
                                                                       fear the future.
                                                                       But they do not see,
                                                                       they are me
                                                                       inside out.


                                                                        Dante’s Lunch

                                                                        a china plate on my lap
                                                                       balances a salad containing
                                                                       things I cannot identify,
                                                                       while the ladies who lunch
                                                                       discuss the problems of
                                                                       interior design.

                                                                       I smile and nod, careful
                                                                       to have a continual mouthful
                                                                       grateful that my time in Hell
                                                                       is only a visit.

1 comment:

  1. R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands of all time and has been since the first time I heard them. So many of their songs bring back some great memories from my youth.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter