365 Muse

365 Muse : creative non fiction or fiction musings based on one musical album every day for a year. My muse. My musings. My eclectic music collection.
Welcome to my challenge.




Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day by Day








Godspell










I know, I have missed yesterday.. and while I have nothing to say and still do not, I am appropriately mad at myself for not saying something.



Now, I have the dilemma: do I not post at all, since I am not saying anything worth while? Or do I post simply for the sake of posting and writing words on the page? Tough call.

This mirrors the same questions that I have been struggling with for the past month. Why do I write? Why do I want to write? What do I want to write about? The problem here is that I don’t know.


I am fairly certain I do want to still write. And right now, what I really want to write is non-fiction, but that…well, is boring, is it not? I would like a passion to write about. An obsession. In fact, I have always wanted an obsession. Some topic or thing I was so excited about I collected, cultivated, wrapped myself up in.

There are things I like – many of them: topics, shapes, but something that I wanted to so deeply embed my self in that it was consuming? Not so much. The closest thing I’ve come across is food. But what can I say about that? Being a food writer certainly sounds grand, but to do that one must have a wide array of places to write about and the truth of the matter is, I don’t get out enough.

So, the quest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter